- ICT applications
- Wireless and fixed broadband
- Mourad Mnif
- Ahmed ElRaghy
- houda jarraya
This course is designed for network engineers, network designers, and network planning personnel needing to learn the fundamental principles and practices for designing a basic optical network. It covers advanced single mode networks, focusing on CWDM and DWDM network design for high-speed networks (10 Gb/s, 40 Gb/s, 100 Gb/s, 400Gb/s).
By the end of this training, the participants should be able to:
- Describe the function module and network structure of WDM system.
- Characterize the typical building blocks of a WDM network (amplifier, DCM, OADM, OXC, transponder).
- Illustrate the main factors involved in WDM network planning, such as power budget, dispersion compensation, OSNR calculation and nonlinearity.
- Outline the design process of WDM network.