How to apply
The ITU invites expressions of interest to work with it in this exciting new initiative from organisations with training and capacity development experience.
The selection process will begin in the last quarter of 2022 and will be based on dialogue between organisations that express interest and ITU.
Applications to be considered as an ATC closed on 25 November 2022.
Commitment to programme development and working with the ITU and other Centres
- Ability and willingness to work in partnership with ITU, focusing on ITU priority themes within the framework of the ITU Academy
- Ability to deliver to a global audience, including developing countries
- Proposed approach to the delivery of training courses under the ATC programme
- Robust and sustainable business model(s) for the delivery of ATC activities
- Proposed approach to marketing courses and attracting students
- Financial and human resources required to manage and implement ATC activities, including the collection of course fees where these are to be charged
Institutional quality and capacity
- Expertise and proven performance in the delivery of training courses concerned with telecommunications/ICTs to the target audience addressed by the ATC programme
- Experience in delivering training to international participants from diverse countries, including developing countries
- Expertise and capabilities to deliver a high standard of training, in one or more official UN languages
- Expertise and capabilities to deliver training over an online platform
- Quality of training materials
- Quality of instructors, including the ability to hire and work with international experts
- Quality of teaching methods
Expertise in priority areas
- Familiarity with and expertise in delivering training in the priority themes and sub-themes for which they are selected
- International recognition for work in the selected priority themes and sub-themes
- Availability of online training materials in the selected priority themes and sub-themes and/or the capacity to develop these to a high standard prior to course delivery
- Availability of trained instructors with expertise in the selected priority themes and sub-themes