The QoSTP is comprised of a set of training materials covering a range of topics related to quality of service in telecommunications. The training materials were developed, and quality assured by experts from within and outside ITU. The QoSTP modules are designed to provide students with depth of understanding of the subject and practical experience.
For more details on the programme, see the full report below:
The report outlines the structure of the programme, provides an overview of each module and identifies the target audience and course duration. The structure of the programme may change from time to time, subject to any changes that may arise as the programme is reviewed.
The QoSTP comprises 13 modules: six obligatory and seven elective modules. These are the following:
- OM0 Overview Module
- OM1 Introduction - Quality of Service and Quality of Experience
- OM2 Subjective assessment of voice quality
- OM3 Objective assessment of voice quality
- OM4 QoS and QoE for Multimedia and assessment methods
- OM5 Regulatory Aspects of QoS
- EM1.1 Telephonometry
- EM1.2 Network performance and OAM for performance measurement
- EM2.1 Hands-free communication and user interfaces in vehicles
- EM2.2 Traffic management
- EM3.1 QoS for mobile services
- EM3.2 Bitrate measurement of Internet connections
- EM4.1 Deployed QoS Management Technologies
The QoSTP is designed for anyone who would like to enhance their professional knowledge while working in the field of QoS - from national regulatory authorities to companies operating in wireless communications or equipment manufacturers. The QoSTP aims to broaden skills in the complex field of QoS; therefore, it could be taken by any professional who has previously graduated with a first-level university degree (Bachelor of Science).
Students entering the QoSTP may be from different institutional levels, from technical to managerial, and from different backgrounds (engineering, economics, legal, etc.).
Call for partners
ITU invites all stakeholders, especially training and academic institutions to collaborate in any of the following areas:
- Delivery of one or more modules of the programme
- Delivery of the programme towards the award of a basic or advanced level certificate
- Delivery of the programme towards the award of a Master’s degree
Institutions interested in cooperating with ITU to deliver the QoSTP are welcome to contact the Capacity and Digital Skills Development Division at email@example.com and express their interest.