- ICTs and the environment
- Noureddine HAJJAJI
- Myriam Naguib
Life cycle assessment (LCA) is an environmental management tool, which can be used to evaluate the impact of a product, a system, or an activity on the environment. LCA is the factual analysis of a product's entire life cycle in terms of sustainability. Every part of a product's life cycle â extraction of materials from the environment, the production of the product, the use phase and what happens to the product after it is no longer used â can have an impact on the environment in many ways. With LCA, you can evaluate the environmental impacts of your product or service from the very first to the very last or from cradle to grave.
By the end of this training, participants should be able to:
- Understand LCA and its relation with environmental decision support.
- Provide trainees with a full understanding of how to carry out an LCA according to ISO 14040 and ISO 14044 standards.
- Demonstrate how to use appropriate assumptions and approximations where necessary.
- Provide an understanding of how to carry out a full environmental assessment including the full set of environmental loads.
- How to apply LCA concept to an ICT project.