What is it?
The ITU Global ICT Capacity Building Symposium (CBS) is the main global event for capacity development in the field of information and communication technology (ICT). The Symposium brings together stakeholders from across the world to discuss trends and developments in the sector and their implications for capacity building and human skills development. Drawing on a global network of expertise from different regions and stakeholders, a major objective of CBS is to strengthen collaboration between ITU, the business sector, the academic community and other partners in developing capacities for the digital future.
This symposium provides an opportunity for participants to:
- Share best practices and experiences from all over the world;
- Undertake in-depth analysis of human capacity development in order to improve skills in the development and use of digital technologies;
- Explore new trends on the role of training institutions in a constantly changing ICT environment;
- Strengthen the collaboration among the global ICT capacity development community;
- Develop and launch concrete partnerships aimed at mobilizing resources to address global needs.