The ICT&CC TP is a programme being developed under the auspices of the ITU Academy. It consists of a set of high level training materials and covers a range of topics in ICT & Climate Change.
The ICT&CC TP comprises an overview module, 6 foundation modules and 15 advanced modules. The overview module provides a brief summary and introduction to each module of the training programme. The foundation modules introduce the concepts behind ICT & Climate Change and provide students with a sufficient level of detail to understand these. The advanced modules provide students with a much greater depth of understanding and more practical experience in each subject area.
The modules are the following:
- OM0: Overview Module.
- FM1: Introduction to ICT & Climate Change.
- FM2: Roles of Stakeholders in ICT & Climate Change.
- FM3: Developing ICT Service Provider Strategies.
- FM4: Assessing the Impact of ICT on Climate Change.
- FM5: Applying Green ICT Strategies.
- FM6: E-waste and the Circular Economy.
- AM1.1: Climate Modelling
- AM1.2: The role of Satellite & Radio Communication in Environmental Modelling
- AM1.3: Global/Regional Frameworks for GHG Emissions Reduction
- AM2.1: Policy Makers & Regulators
- AM2.2: TSPs and IT Service Providers
- AM3.1: Telecom Service Provider (TSP) Strategies
- AM3.2: IT Service Provider Strategies (including Cloud Services)
- AM3.3: Adaptation for Infrastructure Providers
- AM4.1: How to carry out a full LCA
- AM4.2: How to assess the Carbon Footprints of Sectors, Countries and Regions
- AM5.1: Improving the Energy Efficiency of ICT Products and Services
- AM5.2: GHG reductions in the Power Sector
- AM5.3: Decarbonizing Transport
- AM5.4: Smart & Sustainable Cities
- AM6: The End-of-Life Stage in Life Cycle Assessment
The ICT&CC TP is designed for anyone who would like to enhance their professional knowledge while working in an area related to ICT & Climate Change, for example, environmental engineering, energy efficiency, climate modelling or adaptation to climate change. The training programme would be aimed at the broadening of skills in this complex field and could be taken by any professional who has previously graduated with a first-level university degree (e.g. Bachelor of Science). Students entering the ICT&CC TP may be from different institutional levels, from technical to managerial, and from different backgrounds (engineering, legal, regulatory, economic, etc.).
Call for Partners
We wish to invite all stakeholders, especially training and academic institutions to partner with us. Partnerships can be established in the following ways:
- Participation in the programme delivery
- Accreditation/certification of the programme.
Those individual, organizations and academic institutions who may be interested in cooperating with the ITU Academy on delivering the ICT&CC TP are welcome to contact the coordinating entity – Human Capacity Building Division at email@example.com and express their interest.