This online course is jointly organized by the ITU-D and the Telkom Centre for Learning (CFL), South Africa. The course looks at a range of African broadband issues and trends and the impact of regulation.
This course is targeted to managers, engineers and employees from regulators, government organizations, telecommunication companies, academia and any other person interested in learning more the characteristics, dynamics, trends and status of broadband provisioning and access in Africa.
This course will equip participants with broadband knowledge on:
- The current and future Broadband landscape in Africa, including discussions on various African countries as examples.
- African broadband trends, with a special country focus on South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Kenya and Nigeria.
- Mobile Broadband trends in Africa
- Regulatory impact on the future of African broadband provisioning and access.
- The current and future plans of broadband enabling providers: Seacom, Telkom SA, Vodacom/Vodafone, MTN, Cell C.
This online course will be delivered throughout six modules and will cover a wide range of broadband topics as follows:
Module 1: Defining Broadband.
Module 2: International, African Mobile Broadband Trends.
Module 3: Overall African Broadband Landscape.
Module 4: Mobile Broadband Trends.
Module 5: Broadband Regulatory Aspects.
Module 6: Current and future plans.
Please note that the fees is one hundred and twenty US Dollars ( $120) per participant.